Have Faith in God
- But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6 NKJV
— Faith invites God and maintains His presence in our lives.
- Pray without ceasing
- Then He spoke a parable to them that men always ought to pray and not lose heart. Luke 18:1 NKJV
— Our prayers must come often and regularly from a humble heart.
- Be committed to serve
- For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. Mark 10:45 NKJV
— The Christian life is essentially a life of service to others in Jesus’ name.
- Help each other win souls, and take pride in each other’s victories.
- And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15 NKJV
— Soul winning is not an option. It is a command of God.
- Look for new ways to make new ideas work, not for reasons they won’t.
- Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus. Philippians 5:2 ESV
— Having the mind of Christ we understand God’s plan in the world is to bring glory to Himself.
- Don’t make negative assumptions about each other.
- For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned. Matthew 12:37 NKJV
— Examine yourself before the eyes of God.
- Speak positively about others and about our church at every opportunity.
- The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. Proverbs 12:18
— Only say things that are helpful for building others up.
- Maintain a positive Christian attitude no matter what the circumstances.
- In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5 NIV
— Having the same mind as Christ means an attitude of humility.
- Help each other as we strive to have a closer walk with God.
- God desires a close relationship with everyone. In fact, He wants all people to eventually be His “sons and daughters” 2 Corinthians 6:18 Emphasis added.
— Start actively serving God. Use your gifts and talents to help in the work of the Lord. Growth in God comes from exposing ourselves consistently.
- Remember we can do all things through Christ who strengthen us.
- Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually. 1 Chronicles 16:11ESV
— Be confident in the truth that through Him, all things are possible.